What I Do
2D & 3D CAD - Computer Aided Design
Freelance and contract CAD services are always available with many years of experience in producing 2D floor plans, power distribution diagrams, building service schematics, civil and groundworks drawings, planning application drawings and all manner of other CAD work.
Fully versed in AutoCAD and Bentley Microstation, all work can be in the format of your choice.
Bespoke system building
Personalised, tailored builds to suit your precise needs. If you are a budding game developer, film producer, gamer or simply just want a computer that will last you a while without costing the earth then we would be more than happy to design you a machine to be as balanced as possible for your desired use. Most off the shelf computers tend to have large bottle necks when you try and use them for anything intensive and tend to slow down too soon after purchase. We always make sure we fully balance a system to get the most out of your budget.
We even have a the facilities for a completely personal build...maybe a custom case, designed to suit only you. One of a kind build with custom parts.
Small/Medium Enterprise IT Managemenet
Fully supporting small businesses of under 50 users. Covering purchasing & setup of hardware, wired or wireless networking, disaster recovery, data backup, storage, user accounts, computer systems and servers. Also providing consultation and advice on futureproofing, IT development direction, budgetting and software.
Remote support of users, call outs/site visits & telephone/online support to keep you running as smooth as possible.
What I've Done
3D Concept Designs
We have made concept images for clients to showcase designs due to be built, reproducing the vision from the designer based on sketches, CAD drawings, verbal descriptions. Being able to show your client your vision is worth more than anything. Rough building layouts, fly throughs, photorealistic renderings of the lobby as you walk into the building which is currently foundations and steel frames. Time after time this simple idea of producing something lifelike to win a contract because it just works.
Major CAD Works
Major CAD works to date
- Architectural & Electrical roof layouts for Solar (PV) panel installtion at NIFES Consulting Group (Inenco Group)
- Electrical Microstation drawings for Capita Symonds
- Drawings and engineering works for Costco Wholesale, Bristol
- Architectural, electrical, mechanical, civil, IT and telephony drawings and engineering works for Mortis2000 Ltd
- Architectural, electrical, mechanical, planning, civil & structural drawings produced for DCS/CS&S International, part of BAE Systems
- 2D & 3D Civil & Waste drawings produced for MMB (Mott MacDonald & JN Bentley)
- Architectural, electrical, structural, planning, building regulations, civil, structural & mechanical drawings produced for D&S Engineering Facilities Limited (Working as FM providers for BAE Systems)
- Electrical Microstation drawings for Multitech Contracts Ltd
- 2D and 3D Architectural, electrical, planning, building regulations, mechanical, civil & structural drawings produced for Allen Construction Consulancy
Costco Reversing Buffers
Designing and implementing an engineering solution for reversing buffers.
At a total repair cost of 10% of the the previous repair, naturally the client was happy. What made them even more extatic was that the redesign also improved the overall strength of the buffers and made maintenence possible too.
The original reversing buffers had been installed to this busy receiving department at Costco in Brisol but had taken a beating. They had been repaired once by another engineer but they hadn't lasted more than a few months. After my redesign and installing the new design, they are stronger than ever and also able to just be realigned in future rather than requiring major time and cost.
Costco Display Extension
Extending an existing wooden structure.
Costco Wholesale, Bristol - With a small budget and an even smaller window for construction we where able to produce a design that satisfied both areas. Coming in under projected costs and meeting expectations for implementation time, structurally sound and also maintaining the original quality too.
What I'm Doing
Right now I'm fully employed by both an engineering consultancy firm and a draughting services firm. Thankfully they work out of the same building so there's very little travel involved, usually just turning my chair!
If you wish to offer me some freelance work or simply wish to keep up to date with my day to day projects or activities then you can reach me by a number of different methods shown around the website.